For the Costa del Sol Tourist Board we implemented a tourism competitive intelligence project to foster innovation in tourism SMEs in the province of Málaga, under the supervision of the EOI (School of Industrial Organisation).
We analysed the competitiveness of the Costa del Sol’s tourism industry in terms of the online marketing of its products. The project was funded by the European Regional Development Fund and was developed by the Costa del Sol Tourist Board.
Our role in the competitive intelligence project was to carry out a full analysis of the Costa del Sol’s tourism industry, including:
- Analysis of the presence of Málaga’s tourism industry on the Internet. We used a sample of 900 websites from a variety of different establishments to analyse their search engine positioning, determine whether they implemented SEM and remarketing campaigns, how they used web analytics, whether their websites and booking engines were mobile-friendly, and study their website speed, among other initiatives.
- Analysis of the booking engines of the various products (hotels, golf courses, etc.) with a view to including them on the tourist destination’s website.
- A summary of the improvement proposals resulting from the analysis phase. These proposals were grouped by sector and included in the customised advising and training phase.
Digital marketing consultancy and training
One of the main objectives of the project was to increase the use of information technologies among the Costa del Sol’s tourism SMEs in order to foster the transformation of the area into a ‘Smart Destination’.
LaMagnética was responsible for:
- Designing the training plan for SMEs.
- Preparing the training materials.
- The management and training of the team of consultants who visited and advised the 900 Málaga tourism companies.
- Online training sessions and presentations for the companies of the Costa del Sol.
- Preparing a technical support manual for the companies.