We collaborate with the communication department of the Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation on the definition and execution of its digital strategy, we are responsible for the SEO positioning of its main website and for web analytics, and we provide regular qualitative and quantitative analysis reports on its web traffic and online actions.
Microsites to promote temporary exhibitions
One of our most recent projects is the conceptualisation, design and technical management of microsites for temporary exhibitions, exhibitions.salvador-dali.org. The objective of the exhibition microsites is to encourage people to visit the museums and buy tickets by activating temporary campaigns to generate quality traffic in different markets.
Web consultancy and SEO positioning
The SEO project is a continual improvement effort that contemplates various phases and tactics, including the conceptualisation of the development of the current website. In it we provided support for the technicians and designer responsible for the project, and managed the migration process during the website changeover to prevent the loss of positioning traffic.
Throughout the entire process LaMagnética provided advice on information architecture and usability. The SEO work undertaken for the website changeover resulted in an 85% increase in the website’s already very high traffic levels.
The Dalí museums are some of Spain’s busiest and their international impact is such that the majority of visits to the website are from abroad. The analysis of its web traffic is particularly useful to:
- Have an overview of the website’s traffic and of visitors’ use of it: subjects of interest, most requested information, chosen browsing language, etc.
- Analyse the traffic provided by positioning (SEO) and detect growth opportunities.
- Analyse traffic and positioning in the main markets to determine the situation and plan actions.
- Provide support for new e-commerce lines and online ticket sales.
- Make comparisons, in terms of the volume of visitors, traffic sources, countries and seasonality, with Spain’s top museums, the world’s leading single-artist museums, and some of Europe’s most important museums.
Digital strategy and social media
We are using the traffic analysis project to detect new online marketing and communication opportunities for the Dalí Foundation.
This work is based on:
- Web analytics and the study of searches about Dalí, paying special attention to websites receiving visits as a result of these searches in each country and how traffic is distributed.
- Social media analytics.
- The benchmarking of other museums.
We also defined the Foundation’s social media communication strategy in conjunction with its communication team.